This Continuing Education Package contains 18 hours of IRS Approved continuing education that will counts towards your IRS record of completion. The course package contains 2 hours of ethics and 10 hours of cutting edge topics to help you explode your tax business. The courses contained in this package are:
- The AFTR Refresher Course (6 Hours)
- Circular 230: What You Need to Know About Ethics (2 Hours of Ethics)
- Asset Protection Basics and Small Business Consulting (4 Hours)
- Tax Strategy Updates (2 Hours)
- Amazon Laws and the Rise of Technology (1 Hours)
- The retirement Crisis (1 Hour)
- Capital Gains V. Ordinary Income and Snazzy Lesser Known Stuff (2 hours)
What is the benefit to me of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)?
- Your name will be included in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available January.
- You will have limited representation rights for returns you prepare and sign.
- You will be encouraged to remain current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that shows clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who is dedicated to your chosen profession.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calander year to qualify for the 2016 filing season.
What is the future of this program?
The Annual Filing Season Program will be an interim step to help taxpayers and encourage education for unenrolled tax return preparers. The IRS continues to pursue legislative authority to mandate a continuing competency program. In the meantime the IRS will administer a uniform voluntary examination in future years in order to ensure basic return preparer competency.
What are the requirements to achieve Annual Filing Season Program Completion?
Completion of courses from an IRS approved required will satisfy the completion. The yearly requirements for 2016 and beyond for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. Which consists of a 6 hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR), 10 hours of federal tax law and 2 hours of ethics. The yearly requirements 2016 and beyond for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. Which consists of 10 hours of federal tax law, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics
Who may participate in the program?
Anyone with a PTIN is eligible to participate in the program. Enrolled Agents, CPA’s and RTRP’s have an exempt status that will reduce the number of hours required.